Square One wins its first "Best Audiobook - Nonfiction" award at the IBPA's "virtual" Benjamin Franklin Book Awards
Garden City Park, NY: Square One is thrilled that their audiobook version of Elliot Tiber's Palm Trees on the Hudson (an ACX.com production brought to wonderful life by veteran actor and narrator Edwin Wald) has won in the "Best Audiobook - Nonfiction" category last Friday night at this year's "virtual" IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards. The ceremony, stretched and digitally televised across four consecutive evenings last week, was a great success and we at Square One are honored to be included among so many great fellow indie publishers who were awarded and recognized finalists this year.
The timing for an audiobook with the subtitle of "A True Story of the Mob, Judy Garland, and Interior Decorating" could not be better, if Hollywood is used as the barometer. During this most recent awards season, actress Renee Zellweger's end-of-life portrayal of late showbiz legend Judy Garland in the new biopic Judy nabbed her both Golden Globe and Oscar wins in the "Best Actress" category.
With so much of the country still in quarantine mode due to COVID-19, the continued growth of audio book sales over the past year means that more folks are listening to their books than ever before. Aware of this growing trend in recent seasons, Square One has moved to bring a select and now-increasing number of its titles into the audio format—either through licensing to trade audio book publishers, or through Square One's own direct production at the Audible-owned site ACX.com. For example, Taking Woodstock—our first book with the late Elliot Tiber (along with co-author and New York Times bestseller Tom Monte)—is available in audio from Recorded Books, and narrated by seasoned actor Jim Frangione. Planned for this summer will be Square One's own audio production of Tiber's "swan song" sequel, After Woodstock (again to be narrated by Edwin Wald).
At this point, Square One has also brought the following of its titles to audio as well:
* The following three novels from our acclaimed late novelist Jim Misko (The Path of the Wind and For What He Could Become narrated by Edison McDaniels, and The Cut of Pride narrated by Bill Brooks)
* Untwisted by Dr. Ted Anders (narrated by Gregory Martz)
* Dressed to Kill - Second Edition by Sydney Ross Singer and Soma Grismaijer (narrated by Diane Neigebauer)
* ADHD and the Focused Mind by Sarah Cheyette, MD, Peter Johnson, and Benjamin Cheyette, MD, PhD (narrated by the authors)
From its continued recent partnership with Tantor Audio, Square One also has the other titles available in audiobook format:
* Sodium Bicarbonate by Dr. Mark Sircus, narrated by Ramon De Ocampo
* I Used to Have Cancer by James Templeton, narrated by A. T. Chandler
* Healing with Hemp CBD Oil by Earl Mindell, RPh, MH, PhD, narrated by Paul Brion
And available on May 26, Tantor Audio will also release as an audio book Square One's longtime bestseller Your Blood Never Lies by James B. LaValle, RPh, CCN, ND (narrated by Jonathan Yen).
What's next in audio from Square One? Check out the list below:
* The Righteous Few: Two Who Made a Difference by Marty Brounstein (who will also serve as narrator)
* As All My Fathers Were: A Novel by James A. Misko, narrated by Bill Brooks
* Unsafe at Any Meal: What the FDA Does Not Want You to Know About the Foods You Eat by Dr. Renee Joy Dufault, narrated by Diane Neigebauer
Happy reading—and listening!