You’re congested and sneezing: Your allergies are kicking in. No matter what you take, your symptoms are ready to pounce. It’s time for a change. Allergy Free is different from any book you’ve ever read. It takes an alternative approach to allergy relief—an approach you won’t hear about in your doctor’s office. Instead of attempting to merely keep symptoms under control, Allergy Free addresses the root of your allergy problems. You will learn to listen to what your body is telling you and to interpret your symptoms, your diet, and your health history so that you have a full understanding of what is causing your discomfort. With this information in hand, you will create your own effective treatment regimen, tailored specifically to your needs. The result will be not only relief from symptoms but also greater overall health, leaving you free to enjoy your life.
Konrad Kail, ND, has a BS in Medicine and a doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine. He is co-owner of Neuropathic Family Care, Inc., a practice that integrates conventional and alternative medical services. He is also co-founder of the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, and a member of the advisory council to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine at the National Institutes for Health.
You Don’t Have to Suffer with Allergies
Allergies are not something you have to live with—alternative medicine has practical solutions for identifying and treating the underlying causes and can bring lasting relief to allergy sufferers. Many people have learned this the hard way, living with discomfort, sneezing, congestion, and pain for years before discovering that there is another option. Alternative medicine recognizes that allergies do not have one cause, but multiple factors that together overload your body systems. Looking at illness and health in this way makes for more effective treatment than the single-cause focus of conventional medicine. In this book, you will learn that once you identify the hidden factors that are combining to produce your allergies, you can treat each one using magnet therapy and permanently eliminate your allergy symptoms. Patient success stories throughout the book provide practical details on how others were able to reverse their allergies.
Today, an estimated 20% of Americans have allergies, making it one of the most prevalent chronic health problems. Conventional medicine offers antihistamines and other drug treatments that may temporarily relieve allergy symptoms, but also introduce serious side effects.
Alternative medicine physicians, on the other hand, focus on finding the root causes, rather than merely trying to alleviate symptoms. In this book, we show you how to prevent and reverse allergies using safe, noninvasive, and proven alternative therapies. Alternative medicine looks at the whole person, considering the individual’s symptoms, health history, diet, and underlying imbalances. You can then use a combination of alternative treatments to heal these underlying causes leading to allergies, bringing lasting relief, not a simple masking of symptoms. This is the basic principle of alternative medicine and the reason why it succeeds where conventional medicine often fails in treatment of chronic disease.
You’ll learn more about these treatment options:
- Steps to prevent allergies from occurring in the first place, including advice to parents about breast-feeding and vaccinations for their children.
- How to eliminate toxins from your home environment.
- How to avoid foods that aggravate allergies and increase foods that support healing.
- Strategies for supporting your digestive system, skin, and respiratory system—your frontline of defense against allergies.
- Safe and effective allergy-stoppers—herbs, vitamins and minerals, essential fatty acids, and homeopathic remedies.
- Physical therapies to improve allergy and asthma symptoms.
- The role of stress in allergies and effect mind/body therapies to cope with stress.
This book is here to tell you that you don’t have to live with allergies, or with a continuing cycle of drugs and their side effects. By treating what is actually causing the condition, not only can allergies be reversed, but your overall health will be improved. Start with the alternative therapies in this book to relieve your sneezing and congestion and eliminate your allergies for good. God bless.
Founder, Alternative Medicine Magazine,
now Natural Solutions magazine
About the Authors
Important Information for the Reader
You Don’t Have to Suffer with Allergies—by Burton Goldberg
1. Understanding Allergy and Sensitivity
2. Causes of Allergy and Sensitivity
3. Allergy/Sensitivity Testing
4. Prevention of Sensitization
5. Environmental Control
6. Therapeutic Diets
7. Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome
8. Intestinal Detoxification
9. Supporting the Skin
10. Supporting the Respiratory System
11. Supplements for Symptom Control
12. Homeopathic and Physical Therapies
13. Desensitizing the Immune System
14. Mind/Body Approaches to Allergy