Imagine a natural spice that had the proven power to reduce or eliminate inflammation, the underlying cause of so many serious health disorders—and that’s just for starters. For over 5,000 years, India’s Ayurvedic medical practitioners have successfully used turmeric as a treatment for a host of painful and debilitating diseases. And for over sixty years, Indian hospital and research centers have studied the amazing effects of turmeric, with hundreds of scientific papers published throughout India, Asia, and Europe. However, only in 2000 did US medical researchers begin to recognize this ancient root’s astounding health benefits. They have found that turmeric:
¢ Lowers blood pressure
¢ Combats ulcers, IBS, and indigestion
¢ Reduces arthritic pain
¢ Increases brain function
¢ Relieves depression and dementia
¢ Helps fight cancer cells
¢ Improves kidney and liver function
¢ Aids in weight loss . . . and more
In this new book, best-selling health writer Larry Trivieri, Jr. has created a clear and simple guide to understanding the science behind turmeric’s effects and how it can best be used to enhance well-being. Part One provides both the history and science of turmeric’s therapeutic powers, including the latest breakthrough research related to turmeric’s most active constituent, curcumin. Part Two offers an A-to-Z guide covering the ailments for which turmeric can provide effective treatment. Each entry presents a description of the problem, how turmeric works to combat the condition, and important considerations during use. This is followed by recommendations regarding the most appropriate form of curcumin and proper dosage. Also included is a resource section that guides you to the best turmeric and curcumin products.
Instead of taking a painkiller that acts only on the symptoms or a drug that can cause unwanted side effects, turmeric acts to alleviate the root cause of a range of medical issues. With few if any side effects, non-addictive turmeric can provide an inexpensive and safe way to enhance your health and improve your everyday life.
Larry Trivieri, Jr. is a professional writer in the field of holistic health. His articles have appeared in numerous magazines and newspapers throughout the US, and he served as senior writer for the bestseller Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide.
1. The Healing Spice
2. How Turmeric Protects Against Inflammation
3. A New Hope for Alzheimer’s Disease Dementia, and Other Brain Disorders
4. A Novel Cancer Fighter
5. How Turmeric Can Keep Your Heart Healthy
6. Turmeric Improves Digestion and Protects Against Gastrointestinal Conditions
7. Turmeric and Arthritis
8. Turmeric and Diabetes
9. Other Health Benefits of Turmeric
10. Using Turmeric and What to Look for When Choosing Turmeric and Curcumin Products
About the Author
Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
Arthritis and joint pain
As we progress through the twenty-first century, the above conditions are among the most common scourges affecting our lives today. Combined, they account for much of the over three trillion dollars that the United States spends each year on health care. But the full toll of such conditions far exceeds their financial costs alone. More importantly, they rob those who suffer from them, as well as their loved ones, of a long, healthy, high-quality life. And compounding the problem is the fact that our modern health care system is no closer to providing real solutions for dealing with these conditions. For the most part, all that it offers are drugs to manage the symptoms of these diseases and little more. Not only do such drugs often fail to provide complete relief, they can also be costly and result in a wide array of potential side effects. Clearly, we are in need of better solutions for these problems.
In recognition of this fact, a growing number of physicians and researchers alike are turning away from drug-based symptom care and are rediscovering what ancient healers across the globe taught. Namely, that our health depends first and foremost on the foods we eat, and that nature has provided us with an abundances of herbs and spices that not only enhance the flavors of these foods, but also provide significant health benefits.
In this book, I am going to share with you information about one of the most powerful of these herbs and spices: Turmeric. In the pages that follow, you will learn how and why turmeric and its primary ingredient, curcumin, can make a big difference in your overall health and help reduce the risk of diseases mentioned above, as well as other health conditions. Specifically, you will learn:
- What turmeric is, and why for millennia is has been recommended as a medicinal spice by the healing traditions of both China and India.
- How turmeric and curcumin act to protect against chronic inflammation, a primary cause of up to 90 percent of all health conditions today.
- The exciting possibilities turmeric holds for preventing Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Why researchers are so excited about turmeric’s potential as a cancer-fighter.
- How turmeric can protect against heart disease.
- Why turmeric can be helpful for people with diabetes.
- The reasons why turmeric can help prevent and soothe symptoms of arthritis and joint pain.
- What you need to know to get the most benefit from turmeric and turmeric supplements.
So, if you are ready to add more spice to your health, keep reading.